Thursday, October 8, 2009

New Farmosa Restaurant – PJ SS2

I and my friends went to PJ to have our dinner. We decided to have our dinner at New Farmosa Restaurant which I hope to go long time. New Farmosa Restaurant is a Taiwanese style Chinese restaurant which operated by the Taiwanese.

The menu of this restaurant is extensive and varied, it consist almost 100 Chinese cuisines which included in different package. We end up chose the RM 68 package since we just have 4 peoples. RM 68 package included 4 drinks (We choose 2 herbal teas, 2 plum sour plum drinks and a pot of Chinese tea).


After waited for almost 1 hour, we served with ‘Taiwan Style Deep Fried Sesame Chicken’, ‘Cream eel’, ‘pork bone in sour plum style’ and bitter with egg yolk)


Taiwan Style Deep Fried Sesame Chicken

I like the Taiwan Deep Fried Sesame Chicken very much although I know this is high cholesterol food and a bit oily for me. However, I don’t care anymore, once the food served, I immediately try the chicken. It was really crispy and crunchy. I like the special sauce which use to dip with the sesame chicken, really nice !!!





Pork bone in sour plum style (Pai KuT)
I found that this ‘Pai Kut’ was pretty tasty. The meat was juicy. I happily to drenched my rice with it.


Bitter with egg yolk
Lady Boss at Farmosa Restaurant highly recommend this ‘Bitter with egg yolk’ to us. She told us that this dish was really nice and special. I found that this is really the perfect match when the bitter paired with egg yolk. Haha, I have to try to cook this bitter with yolk next time. Once I have success, I will post it on the blog and share with everybody. Hehe, good luck to me.



Cream eel

Actually the outlook of this cream eel was not nice for me. However, once I tried it, it really impressed me. This was my 1st time to try the ell which is in ‘cream’. Normally the eel we ate at outside which is Japanese Style. I really want praised the creative that the boss of New Farmosa Restaurant to create this ‘cream eel’. It was really nice and with a bit spicy. The taste was really unique. When we finished the eel, I still ate the crispy crème and the mint leaf, it was really pretty nice.




From left: Mua Chi, Green Tea Pudding
Our package entitled to choose any two desserts. We end up choosing the ‘mua chi’ and the Green Tea Pudding. We slightly disappointed with the ‘mua chi’ as we really put high expectation on it. The ‘mua chi’ was tasteless and the mua chi was not soft enough. Really disappointed. By the way, the Green Tea Pudding was awesome. It really full of original green tea flavor and it was not over sweet like the pudding we buy from outside. The most important thing which is the pudding was really 'Q'. I really like it very much.


When we finished our dinner and on the way walk out to restaurant, all of us attracted by the smell which is from next table. We saw the waitress cook something inside a stone pot. It really unique. We ask the lady boss what is this, the lady boss told us this is the ‘stone steamboat’ which very famous in their restaurant. Ok, I will go back to this restaurant to try the ‘stone steamboat’
Rating:
Food – 4/5
Price – 3/5
Environment – 3.5